Public Works – Water and Sewer Utility
The Water Utility will continue to provide safe bacteria free, potable water at an affordable cost. The Wastewater Utility will continue to seek out rainwater infiltrating into the system, by televising a section of our system and recording those records on a yearly basis, reducing treatment costs. This effort will provide additional treatment capacity keeping our rates as low as possible. It will also provide the utility with information on aging sewer mains, so we can correct problems before they happen. Our mission is to provide these services in an efficient and cost effective way to maintain reasonable rates while continually planning, maintaining, and upgrading our facilities to meet current and future needs.
- The Water/Sewer Utility will continue to replace old underground piping without borrowing large amounts of money to help keep costs low. Berlin has about 4 miles of 4” water mains; these mains don’t provide the flow for adequate fire protection, and will be replaced as streets are improved.
- The Water/Sewer Utility will continue to update the GIS mapping system, to provide better locating capabilities and historical data for the future. Records of aging water mains and main breaks are kept on the GIS also, to help determine when to replace mains
- The Water/Sewer Utility will require all lead lines to be replaced once it is discovered that there is an existing lead line during projects or repairs.
- To constantly be improving our billing system to accommodate the customer to the best of our ability.
108 N Capron St
PO Box 272
Berlin WI 54923
Phone: (920)361-5404 Or (920)361-5406
Office Hours: Monday – Friday 7:30am to 4:30 pm
Wastewater Treatment Plant
770 N Wisconsin St
Berlin, WI 54923
Office Hours: Monday – Friday 7:00 am to 3:00 pm
Billing and Rates
Berlin Water and Sewer bills are billed monthly. Monthly billings are sent out on the 5th of the month and due the 25th of the same month.
Accounts with only Public Fire Protection (PFP) are billed annually. Annual Billings are sent out on June 5th and due by June 25th each year.
We offer a variety of payment options
- Pay online with a credit card. Any fees or credit card charges are the card holder’s responsibility.
- Pay in person with check or cash at the Water & Sewer Department office that is located at City Hall.
- Sign up for Automatic Payment by stopping in the office and completing an Authorization Direct Payment form.
- Make your payment after hours by putting your payment in the drop box at City Hall, which is located between the 2 sets of doors. This option is available 7 days a week/24 hours a day.
New Renter or New Home Owner
Please contact the Utility Clerk at (920)361-5404 or (920)361-5406, if you need to set up a new service (new owner) at a property. If you are a new renter, we will need an Account Information Form completed by you and the landlord before any changes will be made to an account.