City Clerk – Treasurer’s Office
The Clerk-Treasurer’s office is the legal custodian of official city records and acts as liaison between the public, city departments, and the Common Council. This office is responsible for administrating elections and maintaining the Statewide Voter Registration System. Additional responsibilities of the Clerk-Treasurer’s office include:
- Issuing licenses including alcohol, bartender, cigarette, direct seller, dog, and others
- Billing of special assessments
- Publishing all legal notices and public meeting notices
- The Board of Review
- Real & Personal Property Tax Collections
- All general revenues and receipting
- Accounts Payable
- Payroll Processing
- Oakwood Cemetery Administration
Clerk – Treasurer
108 N. Capron St.
PO Box 272
Berlin, WI 54923
Deputy Clerk – Treasurer
Deputy Clerk – Treasurer
Berlin City Hall is located downtown, on the square.
History: Prior to 1928 city hall was located in various downtown buildings on their second floor offices including above the First National Bank in 1904.
In 1928 it was deemed appropriate to build a municipal building on the spot where the then current firehouse stood on Market Square . The current City Hall building was built and dedicated with much fanfare, including a song written about it in 1929. The original building had a tower on the south end but due to an engineering mistake it was deemed unsafe and removed in 1942. It housed city offices, the police department and the fire department. In 1982/83 the fire department moved to its own building and the remaining space was remodeled into more space for the remaining departments. The auditorium on the second floor was remodeled to hold the new Council Chambers. The building has received subsequent upgrades since then. It currently houses the police department, city offices and various department offices.
City Hall is located at 108 North Capron Street
(proper mailing address is 108 N. Capron St., P.O. Box 272 , Berlin, WI 54923)
City Hall hours are 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday.
Closed on Holidays.
- 2022 General Fund Revenue Budget
- 2022 General Fund Expenditure Budget
- 2022 Capital Fund Budget
- 2022 Budget Presentation
ELECTION VOTING LOCATION
BERLIN NATIONAL ARMORY
147 Memorial Dr
Berlin, WI 54923
Clerk’s Office City Hall
Monday – Friday: 7:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
108 N. Capron Street
You must reside at your current residence in the City of Berlin for at least 28 consecutive days immediately preceding the next election to vote. It is necessary to bring identification with your current City of Berlin address such as Wisconsin Driver’s License, Wisconsin ID, Bank or Credit Card Statement, Utility Bill, Paycheck, Student ID, Government issued Document, Lease Agreement, Employee ID, Residential Care intake document, Real Estate Property Tax Bill or Receipt.
Voters are allowed to cast their ballots prior to Election Day, either by mail or in the City Clerk’s office at 108 N. Capron Street. You must provide an acceptable photo ID in order to vote.
Become a Polling Place Election Workers!
The City of Berlin is always looking for individuals who would be interested in being a Polling Place Election Inspector.
Wisconsin law permits high school students to work at the Polls on Election Day. If you are interested in knowing more about becoming an election worker, please call the City Clerk’s office at 920-361-5400.
Berlin is a signed vendor with the Wisconsin Department of Administration Program – Help for Homeowners that can provide Tax Assistance. Please visit their website for more information and applications.
- 2021 City of Berlin (Green Lake County) Statement of Taxes
- 2021 City of Berlin (Waushara County) Statement of Taxes
- 2020 City of Berlin (Green Lake County) Statement of Taxes
- 2020 City of Berlin (Waushara County) Statement of Taxes
- 2019 City of Berlin (Green Lake County) Statement of Taxes
- 2019 City of Berlin (Waushara County) Statement of Taxes
- 2018 City of Berlin (Green Lake County) Statement of Taxes
- 2018 City of Berlin (Waushara County) Statement of Taxes
- CITY OF BERLIN TAX PARCEL LOOKUP – GREEN LAKE COUNTY
- CITY OF BERLIN TAX PARCEL LOOKUP – WAUSHARA COUNTY