SHARED-RIDE TAXI SERVICE
BERLIN PUBLIC TRANSIT
BERLIN, WI 54923
ABOUT BERLIN PUBLIC TRANSIT SERVICE: 2019 TAXI BROCHURE
- The City of Berlin contracts with Berlin Public Transit to provide Shared-Ride Taxi Service to the general public
- Service area is the City of Berlin including a 5-mile radius surrounding the City
- Fleet consists of two (2) caravans and two (2) lift vans
- Wheelchair accessibility and door to door assistance for elderly and disabled
- Shared-Ride Taxi Service is funded by Federal, State, and Local contributions
HOURS OF OPERATION:
- Monday – Saturday: 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Sundays & Holidays: 7:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
FARES (due upon boarding):
- $3.00* Adult – Additional passenger $.75 Children under 5 free w/adult
- $2.00* Senior Citizen
- $2.00* Student
GREEN LAKE (limited hours): effective 07/01/2019
- Base Fare* plus $15.00
SHARED-RIDE TAXI POLICIES:
Note: *All rates are subject to an additional charge of $1.50/mile on trips outside city limits.
It is the policy of the Wisconsin Department of Transportation to ensure full compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and related statutes and regulations in all programs and activities.
Title VI and related statutes require that no person in the United States shall, on the grounds of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving federal financial assistance.
Any person who believes that, in the course of business with a WisDOT program or service, he or she, or any specific class of persons or entity has been subject to discrimination or retaliation prohibited by any of the federal or state Civil Rights statutes or common law principles, based upon race, color, national origin, sex, age or disabiltity, may file a complaint.
For more information on the City of Berlin’s civil rights program, and the procedures to file a complaint, contact Sara Rutkowski at 920-361-5400 (for hearing impaired, please use Wisconsin Relay 711 service); email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our administrative office at 108 N. Capron Street, Berlin, WI 54923.
Complaints may also be filed directly with the Federal Transit Administration at the following:
Office of Civil Rights
Attn: Title VI Program Coordinator
East Building 5th Floor-TCR
1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC 20590